5. (a) 執行委員會由下列人員組成：每年由會長委任的主席、兩名副主席、義務秘書、助理義務秘書、義務司庫、助理義務司庫及四名當選委員和第5(b)段所指明的當然委員所組成。
16. (a) 義務司庫由本會的普通會員出任，負責處理本會帳目內任何款項。該等款項均須存入本會所開設及獲會長核准的銀行帳戶。用以發還開支的支票須經他和主席或義務秘書簽署。
(b) 義務司庫須每月編訂收支帳目, 以供執行委員會參閱及審批。
17. (a) 會長可委任任何一直全力支持體育會的人士，為名譽副會長，任期兩年。
21. (a) 義務秘書須於周年大會確實舉行日期前至少十四天，安排在各院所張貼通知，述明周年大會舉行日期。委員或有對周年大會的舉行時間和地點不知悉者，將不會導致會上任何決議或行動失效。
26. (a) 不論在任何時間，執行委員會和小組委員會每一成員均須即時審理會員違反本會規則和則例的行為，並就該等行為通知執行委員會主席。
27. (a) 本會或本會任何執行委員會或小組委員會的成員不論以何種身分，均毋須對本會會員或其親朋、傭工或其他人士所蒙受的損傷或財物遺失或損壞承擔法律責任。
1. The Association shall be known as the Correctional Services
Department Sports Association, hereinafter referred to as the “Association”.
Aim and Objective
2. The aim and object of the Association are to encourage and promote all forms of sports within the Correctional Services Department and to instill a spirit of enthusiasm, team work and competition amongst all ranks; to provide recreational facilities for all members as hereinafter defined and to provide facilities for all forms of sports. Besides, the Association may establish and manage charitable fund(s) to provide assistance to organisations in need of help or for any other charitable purposes.
3. The members of the Association shall consist of the following:
(a) Full Members
“Full Member” means a serving staff member of the Correctional Services Department as defined in Section 2 of the Prisons Ordinance (Cap.234, laws of Hong Kong). A Full Member shall have voice in the management of the Association and the right to vote in any General Meeting.
(b) Life Members
A Full Member on retirement from the Correctional Services Department may become a Life Member subject to the approval of the Executive Committee. A Life Member shall be entitled to all rights of full membership but shall have no voice in the management of the Association nor the right to vote at any General Meeting.
President and Vice-President(s)
4. The Commissioner of Correctional Services and the Deputy Commissioner of Correctional Services shall ex-officio be the President and Vice-President of the Association respectively. The Commissioner of Correctional Services may appoint any other person(s) who he thinks fit as the Vice President(s) of the Association.
The Executive Committee
5. (a) The Executive Committee shall consist of a Chairman, two
Vice Chairmen, an Honorary Secretary, Assistant Honorary Secretary,
Honorary Treasurer and Assistant Honorary Treasurer who will be
appointed annually by the President plus four elected members and
ex-officio members as defined in paragraph 5(b).
(b) The Principal of the Staff Training Institute, the Superintendent of the Pak Sha Wan Correctional Institution, the Superintendent (Staff Relations and Welfare), the Leisure Services Manager and the Principal Officer (Physical Education) of the Correctional Services Department shall, ex-officio, be members of the Executive Committee. The Superintendent of the Pak Sha Wan Correctional Institution, in the capacity as member of the Executive Committee, shall be responsible for the repair and maintenance of the CSDSA Recreation Complex.
(c) Each institution shall appoint one representative, who shall
be responsible for liaison between the Officer-in-charge of that
institution and the Association as regards CSDSA affairs and may
attend Executive Committee Meetings.
(d) Sports Convenors, nominated by the Executive Committee for organizing respective sports and team management, shall attend Executive Committee Meetings.
(e) In the absence of Sports Convenors, Assistant Sports Convenors, who are also nominated by the Executive Committee, shall attend Executive Committee Meeting.
6. No member shall vote by proxy or in writing at any Executive
7. The Executive Committee in addition to the powers hereinafter specifically conferred upon it shall have the control and management of the finances of the Association. Any single payment, other than routine, which exceeds HK$5,000.00 must be approved by the President. Besides, subject to the approval of the President, the Executive Committee may set aside part of the assets of the Association as “Charity Reserve Fund” (hereinafter the “Fund”). The Executive Committee may from time to time provide with the Fund such internal allocations and/or any donations received by the Association as it deems fit. All such allocations, donations and any proceeds generated from the investment of the assets in the Fund shall be retained in the Fund. The aim of the Fund is to provide support to organisations in need of help or for any other charitable purposes. The Executive Committee is authorised to decide the use of the Fund and the manners of investing its assets but prior approval from the President shall be sought before implementation of any intended use and investment. Given that the Fund is set up and managed by the Association, its financial information and assets shall be accounted for in the financial statements of the Association. Subject to the approval of the President, the Executive Committee may resolve to form a company limited by guarantee registered under the Companies Ordinance (Cap.622, laws of Hong Kong), with all the members of the Executive Committee entitled to be ex-officio directors, and to allocate all or part of the assets of the Fund to such company limited by guarantee for the above or other charitable purposes.
8. Any funds of the Association which the Executive Committee deem
to be surplus to immediate requirement may, subject to the approval
of the President, be invested or placed to deposit account.
9. The Executive Committee shall have power to co-opt members to
fill vacancies on the Executive Committee and to appoint Sub-committees
(with such powers as it may think fit to confer).
10. Members of the Executive Committee shall hold office from election
or co-option until the next Annual General Meeting of the Association
when they may stand for re-election.
11. The Executive Committee shall meet once a month or more often
if necessary, and five members of the Executive Committee present
at any such meeting shall form a quorum. The time, date and place
of such monthly meetings shall be fixed by the Executive Committee
at its preceding meeting, or by notice signed by the Honorary Secretary.
A meeting of the Executive Committee may be convened at any time
by the President, or Chairman.
12. The Chairman shall preside at the Executive Committee Meetings.
In the absence of the Chairman, the Executive Committee shall appoint
one of its members to take the chair and such member will carry
out the duties of the Chairman. The person presiding at any meeting
of the Executive Committee shall have a casting vote if the voting
13. The Executive Committee may from time to time make, add to,
alter and rescind such by-laws as they may deem necessary or convenient
for the proper conduct and management of the Association, and they
may, by such by-laws, regulate: -
(a) the terms, as to admission of Member to participate in the
benefit of any of the privileges of the Association, and the use
by or supply to members of any of the property of the Association
and the limitation of any such privileges;
(b) the admission of wives, husbands, domestic helpers, visitors
and guests to Association functions and benefits;
(c) the rules to be observed and stakes to be played for by any
member or guest playing any games organised by the Association;
(d) the prohibition of particular games entirely or at any particular
(e) the conduct of any class of members, wives, husbands, children
(f) the procedure at General Meetings, Executive Committee or
Sub-committee Meetings; and
(g) generally all such other matters as are commonly the subject
of Association By-laws.
14. All by-laws made by the Executive Committee under this rule
shall come into force as soon as posted on the notice boards at
each Institution and shall be binding upon all Members of the Association
until rescinded by the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee
shall have the power to decide all questions relating to the interpretation
of the by-laws of the Association and the decision upon any question
of interpretation, or upon any matter affecting the Association
and not provided for by these by-laws, shall be final and binding
on all Members.
15. The Honorary Secretary shall be a Full Member and shall conduct
the correspondence of the Association. He/She shall have custody
of all documents belonging to the Association. He/She shall keep
full and correct minutes of all proceedings and generally carry
out the instructions of the Executive Committee.
16. (a) The Honorary Treasurer shall be a Full Member of the Association
and shall handle any monies on account of the Association. All such
monies shall be paid by him into the account of the Association
at a bank approved by the President and all cheques in payment of
disbursement shall bear his signature and that of the Chairman or
(b) The Honorary Treasurer shall prepare a monthly Statement of
Income and Expenditure for the information and approval of the Executive
(c) The Honorary Treasurer shall close his accounts on the 31st
March each year and shall submit them together with a financial
statement to the Executive Committee after audit by Auditors approved
by the Executive Committee.
17. (a) The President may appoint a person, who always renders steering support to the Sports Association, to be the Honorary Vice-President for a term of 2 years.
(b) The President may appoint a person who renders support to the Association to be the Honorary Vice-President of a sports team for a term of 2 years. Honorary Vice-President of sports teams may be invited to attend ceremonies and be awarded a Certificate of Appointment. Honorary Vice-President of sports teams may make recommendations on the development direction of sports teams, and may be invited to attend events or ceremonies on behalf of sports teams, receive or present awards.
Sports Team Manager
18. The President may appoint a member, as a Sports Team Manager,
responsible to each sport activities, in addition to the Sports
Convenors, to further enhance the management of the sports team
and promote sports activities.
Annual General Meeting
19. The Annual General Meeting of the Full Members of the Association
shall be held during the last week in May each year for the following
purposes : -
(a) to report to members on the state of the Association;
(b) to lay before members the Association accounts made up to
31st March of that year;
(c) to discuss any matter relating to the Constitution management
or general welfare of the Association which may be duly submitted
to the meeting as hereinafter provided; and
(d) to elect the Executive Committee Members for the ensuing year.
20. Any Full Member desiring to raise any matter falling under
heading (c) of Rule 19 above, will give the Honorary Secretary notice
thereof in writing seven days before such meeting.
21. (a) At least 14 days prior to the actual date selected for
the Annual General Meeting the Honorary Secretary shall cause to
be posted at each institution notice of the date of such Annual
General Meeting. The fact that any member was unaware of the time
and place of any Annual General Meeting shall not invalidate any
resolution passed or thing done at such meeting.
(b) At the same time Honorary Secretary shall cause to be forwarded
to each member of the Association a copy of the Chairman’s report,
an audited statement of accounts and a copy of the Minutes of the
last Annual General Meeting.
22. No business shall be transacted at any Annual General Meeting
unless a quorum of Full Members is present at the time when the
meeting proceeds to business and such quorum shall consist of not
less than twenty Full Members present.
(a) Every question to be determined in General Meeting shall be
determined by a majority of votes, each Member present having one
vote and the President or Vice President, acting in his stead having
in addition to his own vote, a second or casting vote.
(b) A declaration by the President or Vice President, acting in
his stead at any General Meeting that a resolution has been carried
upon a show of hands shall be conclusive and any entry to that effect
in the minute book of the Association shall be sufficient evidence
of that fact.
23. If within half an hour from the time appointed for the meeting
a quorum is not present, the meeting shall be dissolved and shall
stand adjourned to the same day in the next week at the same time
and place, and if at the adjourned meeting a quorum is not present
within half an hour from the time appointed for the meeting the
Full Members present shall be a quorum.
Extraordinary General Meeting
24. The Executive Committee shall, if in their opinion the occasion
warrants or on the representation of twenty Full Members of the
Association, call an Extra-ordinary General Meeting of the Association.
Notice in writing of the intention to hold such a meeting shall
be sent to each institution at least seven days before the date
of such meeting. Such notice shall specify the agenda for such meeting.
Loss or Damage to Association Property
25. Any member who shall damage, or through carelessness shall
loss or destroy any property of the Association shall repair or
replace such property at his own cost, and he/she shall become chargeable
for the amount or value of the property. In the case of a guest,
his/her host will be similarly responsible.
26. (a) It shall be the duty of every member of the Executive Committee,
and every member of any Sub-Committee, at all times, to take immediate
cognizance of any infringement of the Rules and by-laws of the Association
on the part of any member concerned and bring such infringement
to the notice of the Chairman of the Executive Committee.
(b) If at any time the conduct of a member is such as may seem
to prejudice the name or good order of the Association, such member
may be called upon to offer an explanation of his/her conduct. Failing
a satisfactory explanation, the Executive Committee may order that
such member shall
(i) if Life Member, cease to be a Member of the Association.
(ii) be suspended from the Association and all its privileges
for any period not exceeding six months.
(iii) if a sport representative, be suspended from that particular
sport he/she enters at the time.
(c) No member may purchase or order anything in the name of the
Association without the authority of the Executive Committee.
(d) Any matters that the Executive Committee considers to be beyond
their competence shall be referred to the President for his ruling.
27. (a) The Association will not be responsible, nor will any member
of any Executive Committee or Sub-Committee of the Association be
liable, in any capacity, for any injury, loss or damage to person
or property suffered by any Member, guest, servant of the Association
or other persons.
(b) The Association accepts no responsibility for any property
of members or visitors.
28. The Executive Committee at its first meeting following the
Annual General Meeting shall, if it is considered appropriate, appoint
a certified firm of auditors to act as auditors of the Association
for the ensuing year under such conditions as the Executive Committee
shall think fit.
29. The Honorary Treasurer shall make a full and true account to
the auditors and the accounts of the Association shall be subject
to audit at such intervals as the Executive Committee, with the
approval of the President, shall determine.
Acceptance of Advantages
30. Any Members of the Executive Committee or its sub-committees
or any sports convenors who, on behalf of the Association, receive
or solicit any advantages such as donations, gifts, sponsorships,
etc for any sports or recreation functions from other organizations/persons,
etc, shall comply with the provisions stipulated in Civil Service
Bureau Circular No. 3/2007 & 4/2007 and the Acceptance of Advantages
(Chief Executive’s Permission) Notice 2007 of the Prevention of
Bribery Ordinance (Chapter 201, Laws of Hong Kong). Prior application
for approval should be made to Assistant Commissioner (Human Resource)
through the Chairman, CSDSA.
Branch Facilities in Institution
31. To provide recreational facilities for all members in institution,
the Association has the Staff Messes in the following locations.
1. Correctional Services Department Headquarters Staff Mess
23/F, Wanchai Tower, 12 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
2. Cape Collinson Correctional Institution Staff Mess
Mess Hall, Block E, G/F, Cape Collinson Correctional Institution,
Cape Collinson Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong.
3. Lo Wu Correctional Institution
163 Ho Sheung Heung Road, Sheung Shui, New Territories
4. Hei Ling Chau Staff Mess
Mess Block, Hei Ling Chau Treatment Centre, Hei Ling Chau.
5. Hei Ling Chau Officers’ Mess
Officers’ Mess Block, Hei Ling Chau Addiction Treatment Centre,
Hei Ling Chau.
6. Lai Chi Kok Staff Mess
5 Butterfly Valley Road, Kowloon.
7. Lai King Correctional Institution Staff Mess
Mess Block, Lai King Correctional Institution, 16 Wah Tai Road,
Kwai Chung, New Territories.
8. Tong Fuk Correctional Institution Staff Mess
3rd Floor, Block 4, 39, Ma Po Ping Road, Lantau Island.
9. Phoenix House Staff Mess
G/F, SMQ, Phoenix House, Lung Yan Road, Tai Wo Ping, Kowloon.
10. Pik Uk Staff Mess
G/F, Block E, Pik Uk Prison, Clear Water Bay Road, NT.
11. Siu Lam Psychiatric Centre Staff Mess
2/F, Mess Block, 21 Hong Fai Road, Siu Lam, NT
12. Shek Pik Prison and Sha Tsui Correctional Institution Staff
42 Shek Pik Reservoir Road, Shek Pik, Lantau Island.
13. Shek Pik Prison and Sha Tsui Correctional Institution Officer’s’
Block R, G/F, 46 Shek Pik Reservoir Road, Shek Pik, Lantau Island.
14. Stanley Staff Mess
91, Tung Tau Wan Road, Stanley, Hong Kong.
15. Staff Training Institute Staff Mess
Room 101, 1/F, East Wing, Staff Training Institute, 47 Tung Tau
Wan Road, Stanley, Hong Kong.
16. Staff Training Institute Officers’ Mess
Room 102, 1/F, East Wing, Staff Training Institute, 47 Tung Tau
Wan Road, Stanley, Hong Kong.
17. Tai Tam Gap Correctional Institution Staff Mess
110, Shek O Road, Hong Kong.
18. Tung Tau Correctional Institution Staff Mess
G/F, Block 3, 68 Tung Tau Wan Road, Stanley, Hong Kong.
19. Tai Lam Correctional Institution Staff Mess
108 Tai Lam Chung Road, Tai Lam Chung, Tung Mun, NT.
20. Tai Lam Centre for Women Staff Mess
110 Tai Lam Chung Road, Tai Lam Chung, Tung Mun, NT.
Alteration of Rules
32. No amendments or abrogation of these Rules shall be valid unless
approved at an Annual
General Meeting or Extra-ordinary General Meeting and by the President.
These Constitution and Rules of the Association are written in Chinese, with English translation. In the event of any discrepancy arises between the contents of the Chinese version and its English translation, provisions of the Chinese version shall always prevail.